Sunday, March 17, 2013

H2H Challenge & The Story of Ugly Duckling Brad

The Heart 2 Heart Challenge for the first week of March was about "springing forward" (and yes, I'm still missing my hour's sleep).  I did manage to play along with the challenge (even through my exhaustion).    The project could be anything that had to do with Daylight Savings Tie or Springing Forward . . . clocks, time, sun, spring, etc.

So I went with a bit of a clock and time theme, and I ended up with a bit of a birthday card.



I created my own clock using two Close To My Heart (CTMH) sets . . . Perfect Fit Frames, which I stamped and then cut into a circle, and then Capture the Date, using the smallest numbers in the set for my clock face. 


And one tip . . . See that brad?  I had one little brad hanging out from some long ago project.  It was a white brad that was scratched up . . . the reject brad.  THE UGLY DUCKLING BRAD.  I grabbed the end with tweezers, I pushed the ball end onto my Versamark pad and then dipped the ball end into gold embossing power.  I heat embossed, then dipped while still hot back into the embossing powder and hit it again with the heat gun.  Ugly duckling brad not so ugly duckling anymore.  Cool, right?  And quick! 



Supplies Used:
Paper:  Colonial White Card Base (CTMH) and Clementine Paper Pack (CTMH)
Ink:  Pacifica and Cashmere Ink (CTMH), Versamark
Stamps:  Intrinsic Background, Doodle Alphabet (used just the lowercase "i" for my clock hands), Limited Edition, Perfect Fit Frames, Capture the Date (all CTMH)
Button: CTMH (not sure which set)
Brad:  See my story above . . . no clue who made the stray brad, and just used random embossing powder from my stash 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment