Wednesday, January 8, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays - Amazing

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays was to choose a word that represents your hopes for the new year. So my word was AMAZING.  I'm hopeful for an amazing year, where amazing things will happen for the amazing people in my life.

I remembered that I had an "amazing" stamp, so I dug it out.  I decided to create a window for my card, so the sentiment could be inside, but only my word would show outside the card.  


I started with a cardstock base and stamped my "amazing" on the inside.  I cut the front of the card appropriately and created a window with a fairly thick acetate sheet.  I then added a portion of the cardstock that was cut off to the bottom of the card.


I decorated the card with pattern paper on both the inside and outside, as I wanted to cover the area where the acetate overlapped onto my cardstock.  It gave a cleaner look to the inside of the card.  I decorated the top of the card with a banner made from cardstock and pattern paper.

Hard to see in the photo, but there is a white embossed stamped image of the banner string.  I decided to add a 4th banner piece, and so you can barely see it in the photo peaking out between the banner flags.  

I then finished my sentiment inside the card, adding a "you are" that can only be seen once the card is opened.  I love how the back of the banner shows through in the window from the reverse side. 




This is a great card design that I've done before.  When your images are on the window itself (stamped or die cut) it gives a bit of a floating effect.  

Hope that 2014 is . . . amazing!  

Supply List
Neenah Cardstock
Bazzill Cardstock
Bo Bunny Pattern Paper
Sizzix Triangle Dies
Stamps of Life Stamps
Versafine Ink
Hero Arts Gems
Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
Versamark


4 comments:

  1. Love the "window" and feel so inspired right now I cannot wait to try it. I have only ever done a small window----and think the one you made that goes across the entire card front is "clearly" genius. :-) Thank you for your inspiration! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the use of acetate in this. fab design! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The acetate window is so much fun! I love how you created the hidden sentiment--so cool! The papers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card took a lot of work and effort. I don't have the hands for acetate cards, I would get glue all over and it would be a mess! You did great! thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete