Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Case Study Challenge - Embossing Paste

 
Texture was my inspiration for this week's Case Study Challenge.  I just love the texture in the gold embossing on this design.  I was also inspired by the blending of the ink colors.  Gorgeous!  

So with those two inspirational elements, I created my design using embossing paste, which is a new product that I've never used.  Can you say "fun"!?!?  I am definitely hooked on embossing paste. 


I used a stencil purchased from Add a Little Dazzle and embossing paste from Dreamweaver (which also came fro AALD).  You just lay your stencil down and carefully smooth the paste over, scraping the excess as you go.  Then you lift the stencil and you have your embossed design on your card or panel.  Once it dries, you can ink it up, as I did in my design.  I started with a black card base, and my embossing paste is just the standard white.  


I did use a little bit of white iridescent ink on the edges of trees that are right over my sun image. 

I kept my sentiment small, as I didn't want to cover up too much of my design.  And my inside sentiment  . . .


 

Supplies Used
Cardstock:  Bazzill and Neenah
Stamps: Impression Obsession (The Sun) and The Stamps of Life ((minibanners2cut)
Ink:  Stampin' Up and Ranger Archival
Ribbon: Stampin' Up
Other:  Stencil from Add a Little Dazzle, Dreamweaver Embossing Paste
Tools:  Post-it Labeling Tape



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the HM honor from Case Study, Debbie! Your card is spectacular!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Debbie! Congratulations on the HM honor from Case Study!!! This card was certainly a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you created - Congrats on the HM honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - so beautiful! Congrats on the HM - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the texture on your card. Congrats on your Top 3 win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your CASE study win. This card is stunning! I adore the sentiment you used on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful and I would love to include in a blog post I am working on. Can you please email me and let me know if that would be okay. I will credit you with your work and link the photo back to your page.

    Thanks,
    Aliya aliyawhiteinsights@gmail

    ReplyDelete